2017 Admissions Bulletin
Peking University HSBC Business School (PHBS) offers Master’s degrees in Economics, Finance, and Management for international students. The Master of Economics, Master of Finance, and Master of Management are all two year, full-time programs. Those who have difficulty fulfilling the required commitments can propose to extend their study, but for no more than four years in total. All the lectures will be conducted in English.
1. Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
2. Must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport;
3. Must have proof of English proficiency with a satisfactory TOEFL (80 and above) or IELTS (6.5 and above) score, unless you’re a native English speaker.
4. GMAT and GRE scores are not required, but are considered in granting admission.
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application, uploading documents 2-5, listed below. After electronically submitting your application, please print out the completed form and send it by mail to our campus along with the hard copies of all supporting documents listed below.
1. Printed copy of completed Peking University Online Application Form for International Students with a recent photograph;
2. Official or notarized copy of all diplomas in English and original language (graduating students shall present letter of certification for graduation, and students must graduate before the PHBS new student arrival date.);
3. Official transcripts in English and original language from all the universities the applicant attended;
4. Certified score reports of TOEFL or IELTS (native speakers are exempt);
5. Clear passport copy (must be valid for the entire 1st academic year);
6. Statement of Purpose written in English (no longer than two pages, double-spaced);
7. Confidential Recommendation Forms from two referees.
8. Optional: Copy of GRE and/or GMAT scores (copy must include test account number)
9. Optional: books, publications, articles, etc. in English related to your academic and professional accomplishments.
*All submitted documents will become the property of Peking University and will not be returned.
There is no application fee. However, prospective students are expected to pay for postage to mail hard copies of application materials to HSBC Business School (address listed below).
All application forms and materials should have be received at the following address before the deadline：Mar. 31, 2017.
Admissions Office for International Students, Room 114
Peking University HSBC Business School
University Town, Nanshan District
Shenzhen 518055, China
Cindy/Safa, Office 114
Tel: +86 755 2603 3642/+86 755 2603 1383
*please include contact information when shipping application materials to the university
PHBS admits international applicants on a rolling basis, and applicants can expect to receive a formal admissions decision within five (5) weeks of the receipt of their hard copy applications. The PHBS Admissions Committee will release the final list of admitted applicants by the end of May 2017. The admissions letter and JW202 form required for students’ visa application will be sent by the Admissions Office for International Students of Peking University HSBC Business School by the end of June 2017.
PHBS will provide students with documentation necessary for applying for a student visa in their home country. Students will be responsible for completing the proper procedures to receive the initial student visa from their home country. After arrival, PHBS will assist admitted students in applying for their residence permits. PHBS will also assist with the resident permit renewal process. Students are responsible for all fees related to the student visa and resident permit.
Tuition & Expenses:
Tuition is 60,000 RMB per year and must be paid in full in the first week of each academic year. In addition, expenses for room and board on campus are estimated to be 30,000 RMB per year.
Master's program applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships to support their studies at PHBS. Award levels are full tuition scholarship and half tuition scholarship. PHBS urges all international applicants to include the scholarship application supplement in their application.
Scholarships from the Chinese government are also available to international students. Chances for admission and scholarships are much higher with early application. For more information on government-sponsored scholarships, please visit: www.csc.edu.cn